As one of the few tertiary qualified animal chiropractors, Dr Frederic Cappon is in high demand from both the racing industry and pet owners. Following his 5 year chiropractic degree, Dr Cappon completed a further 2 year Graduate Diploma in Animal Chiropractic from RMIT (Melb). A wide variety of vertebrates ranging from cats and dogs to horses, alpacas and donkeys can benefit from chiropractic care.
Some common conditions that an Animal Chiropractor might treat:
- Muscle spasms and nerve pain
- Jaw or TMJ problems, difficulty chewing
- Event or sports injuries
- Post surgical care
- Injuries from slips, falls and accidents
- Maintenance of joint and spinal health
- Uneven muscle development
- Performance or movement problems
- Behavioural issues
- Older age, osteoarthritis, DJD
Spinal problems in pets can be seen as lameness, poor athletic performance, difficulty getting up, inability to run or walk or be as a result of arthritis. Chiropractic can often provide good relief to arthritic and injured animals. Please contact our Joondalup clinic on (08) 9300 1132 to make an appointment.